This morning, I posted my photos and story of seeing a Night Adder.
Some interesting facts about the Night Adder:
- Keen sense of smell – poor eyesight – This is why I was able to get so up-close-and-personal
- Venom is of low toxicity of the cytotaxic variety – causes swelling and extreme pain
- Diet consists mainly of toads and frogs
- hatch lings diet consists of tadpoles
- generally basks in the sun in the day and hunt at night – I was fortunate to see this at midday
This image is the most similar in colour to the snake I saw; it is a Snouted Night Adder.